All about maternity care while you’re expecting and following a delivery of one’s infant through the pandemic that is COVID-19.
These pages was final updated: 28 2020 april
This interim guidance is predicated on what exactly is presently known about COVID-19 plus the transmission of other viral breathing infections. The Ministry of wellness will upgrade it as brand new info is available.
Your care during maternity
That you may be experiencing heightened levels of anxiety while New Zealand is working to stop the spread of COVID-19 if you are pregnant or caring for newborn babies, it is understandable. What this means is your plans about where you will give delivery and that would you may need certainly to alter.
Your maternity care through your pregnancy will be impacted. Your midwife (or Lead Maternity Carer) is going to do whenever possible over the telephone or via video clip calling. Your midwife may reduce steadily the quantity of face-to-face visits and can consult with you the place that is best to possess these. This might be to guard both you and your midwife from COVID-19 disease.
In what we all know at present, women that are pregnant try not to appear anymore prone to the effects of COVID-19 disease compared to the basic population. Women that are pregnant in their 3rd trimester should simply take additional precautions and keep by by themselves well at the same time whenever growing child means greater air demands in the mom. If you should be significantly more than 28 months expecting you need to simply take additional care in order to avoid COVID-19. Be sure you:
- Keep two metres from individuals not in your bubble
- Coughing or sneeze into the elbow or by addressing the mouth area and nose with tissues
- Placed utilized tissues into the container or even a case instantly
- Clean both hands with detergent and water frequently (for at the least 20 moments)
- Avoid contact that is close folks who are unwell
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or lips if the fingers are not clean
- Disinfect and clean usually moved areas and items, such as for instance doorknobs
- Remain house if you think unwell and Healthline that is call on 358 5453
- If you’re expecting, ensure you get your free flu vaccination to lower your threat of influenza (remember that the flu vaccine decreases threat of influenza it is maybe maybe perhaps not effective against COVID-19).