- Thursday, November 12 at 7pmKate Berlant’s Comedy of Realness Logan Center – 915 E 60th St, Theater East 127
- Tuesday, December 1 at 7pmHow to have Away with Laughter with Tim Barnes, Sonia Denis, and Rebecca O’NealRevival Comedy Theater – 1160 E. 55th St
- Thursday, February 18 at 4:30pmShame May stay Fatal: Notes on narrative and also the system that is nervous Bhanu KapilCSGS – 5733 S University Ave
- Friday, February 19 at 12:00pmWorkshop – THE MONSTER: A workshop on narrative form and touch with Bhanu KapilCSGS – 5733 S University Ave, place 103
- Thursday, February 25 at 7pmCriminal Queers with Eric A. Stanley & Chris VargasLogan Center – 915 E 60th St, assessment place 201
2014-2015 Series: Sexuality, Power, therefore the Empirical
1. Heather Love (U Penn, English), Thursday, October 23, 4:30p: “Norms, Deviance, therefore the Queer Ordinary” the research of norms and deviance is main to your genealogy that is intellectual of studies. While social technology scholars have actually recognized commonalities involving the sociological research of deviance and contemporary queer studies, queer humanities scholars have now been sluggish to do this. A substantial facet of just what Gayle Rubin has referred to as the “obscured” reputation for the field, research on deviance and social dilemmas when you look at the social sciences shaped queer studies’ commitment to subcultures, to non-normativity, and also to a constructionist view of sex. Nonetheless, early queer theorists changed the analysis of deviance by switching non-conforming behavior from an item of study to a governmental system.